Intensive Couples Program
Shatterproof Life Resources
1st Session Forms
Johns Intro Video
Parker Colorado Map
Lone Tree Colorado Map
Credentials - John Eckenwiler
Licensure in the state of Colorado
Colorado license #152, Marriage & Family Therapist
Professional Counseling Affiliations
Clinical member - American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
Approved Supervisor - American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
Bachelor of Arts, Economics – Kent State University
Master of Marriage and Family Therapy - Abilene Christian University
An approved program, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
(See Philosophy for more about this training)
Master of Science, Administration of Justice - Virginia Commonwealth University
1995 - Trainer and consultant for the Biodyne Managed Care Company in Denver, Colorado. Provided training with monthly consultation follow-up for Resolve for families program, a solution-focused family group training/therapy program I authored.
State of Colorado Presentations
1995 John Eckenwiler, LMFT
"The Family Rating Scale". Workshop sponsored by the Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapy in Denver, Colorado. This is an instrument designed by John Eckenwiler, LMFT for use in family therapy situations with adolescents.
- Individual Supervision with Peggy Papp - Author of The Process of Change, a widely used book written for therapists.
- Individual Supervision with Monica McGoldrick - Author of Genograms in Family Assessment, a widely used book for therapists and renowned for her work on the importance of ethnicity in understanding human problems.
- Solution-Focused Therapy with Survivors of Sexual Abuse - by Michael Durrant of Australia.
- Brief Therapy - Involved as trainer and participant in this 11-month, weekly program training a team of therapists in community mental health center. Monthly consultations by Tracy Todd of the Brief Therapy Institute of Denver.
- Ericksonian Hypnosis - 50 CEU hours - by Stephen and Carol Lankton (who trained directly under Milton Erickson, a world-renowned hypnotherapist), authors of several books on hypnotherapy.
- Treating Sexual Trauma and Addiction - by Patrick Carnes and Mark Schwartz in affiliation with Masters and Johnson.
- Frozen in Time: Possibility Therapy With Adults Abused as Children - by William Hudson-O'Hanlon (trained directly under Milton Erickson).
- Family Treatment Seminar - 9 month program of seminars, case consultations by Eric Johnson (trained at the Philadelphia Child Guidance Clinic).
- Private Counseling Practice - 1985 to present
- Clinical Supervisor - University of Colorado at Denver
- Associate Program Director - Aurora Community Mental Health Center
- Staff Affiliate - Charter Springs Hospital in Ocala, Florida
Also held positions of Assistant Director of Clinical Services and Senior Family Therapist of this 80-bed hospital.
- CancerCare Counselor - (part-time) - Alachua General Hospital in Gainesville, Florida
- Support/counseling to inpatient and outpatient cancer victims, including their families.
- Director of Outreach Counseling - Anchor House in Trenton, NJ
- Prevention program targeting at-risk children and adolescents for this runaway shelter. Individual, group therapy in inner city schools.
Counseling Solutions For Individuals, Couples & Families
John Eckenwiler, LMFT- Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor LMFC
9220 Teddy Lane, #1100 ~ Lone Tree, CO 80124
12900 Stroh Ranch Place #220 ~ Parker, CO 80134
John Eckenwiler is a Member of the Colorado Association of Marriage and Family Therapy and the
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. His two offices are centrally located in South Metro Denver Colorado to meet the needs of clients in Aurora, Centennial, Lone Tree, Englewood, Denver, Parker, Franktown, Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Englewood, Elizabeth, Monument, Larkspur & Greenwood Village Colorado.
© 2008 - 2010 Counseling Solutions - John Eckenwiler, LMFT
Web Site Design & Optimization by Your Web Chick